Data Scientist / Consultant (m/f/d)
We are Thoughtworks, a global Tech- and Software Consultancy, a community of 6,000 diverse and passionate technologists whose purpose is to revolutionise software design, creation and delivery, while advocating for positive social change. With innovation at heart, we’re aiming to continue growing our presence globally…. This is where you come in!
We are looking for talented engineers passionate about building large scale data processing systems to help manage the ever-growing information needs of our clients.
We believe by 2022, Intelligent Empowerment will become part of everything we deliver at ThoughtWorks. We will be leaders at bringing cutting edge data, machine learning and AI techniques to the enterprise.
As a Data Scientist / Consultant (m/f/d) at ThoughtWorks you can look forward to:
- Work closely with data scientists when creating impactful insights from complex data
- Design appropriate techniques for operationalising analytical models
- Design and implement effective data processing architectures
- Work collaboratively (pair programming) with software developers and visualisation experts to deliver high quality custom solutions and powerful user experiences
Here's what you'll bring:
- You take pride in readable, well-designed, well-tested software
- experience building and deploying large scale data processing pipelines in a production environment
- hands-on experience working on HDFS, Java MapReduce, Hive, Apache Spark, Oozie etc.
- hands-on experience working on YARN, Mesos, MPP Databases, SQL-on-Hadoop solutions like Impala etc.
- strong communication and client-facing skills
- Desire to contribute to the wider technical community through collaboration, coaching, and mentoring of other technologists
- German language skills would be desirable
| And this is what you can expect:
- ThoughtWorks offers centrally located office spaces which enables agile and productive collaboration with a startup flair.
- You will receive a public transportation card, a personal development budget, training leave, a company pension scheme as well as an accident and business travel insurance.
- To do a great job, we provide you with a high-end Macbook Pro and libraries in our offices.
- Fruits, snacks and beverages are offered, next to a company lunch and learn session on each Friday. We also enjoy spending time together by playing ping-pong or doing other fun activities in the office.
- Besides our famous Christmas Party, you can join us for a summer party, regular Office get togethers, local office days, AwayDay and other social events.
- We are a global community of technologists and like to share our knowledge - not only within the company. ThoughtWorks supports you in writing articles, doing meetups or speaking on conferences - if you like.
"Free to make your mark. Free to be yourself."
You are always welcome here. Inclusivity is in our DNA. Far above any tech skills, we value respect, empathy, and open-mindedness. We have zero tolerance for intolerance.
What are you waiting for?
So, you can see yourself at ThoughtWorks? Then tell us who you are and let us know why you want to join by sending us your LinkedIn/XING profile or CV today!
| For more information about our offices, check our location pages: