Bangalore - Koramangala, India
Role: People Champion
Position and Responsibilities:
The role manages all people engagement initiatives through the employees’ life cycle for a Thoughtworks office, in alignment with the company’s business and people strategies. The objectives are to connect with people, provide links to the business, create an engaged workplace / culture, act as an advocate for employees, and establish and drive a credible and trustworthy people brand. The role involves high levels of consultation and collaboration with different levels of stakeholders.
The overall responsibilities include:
- Functioning as the single point of contact to employees on all HR matters. Managing expectations in line with the employment brand, business direction and people charter.
- Running on-boarding and induction programs, ensuring integration of new joinees in TW.
- Handling people queries, grievances, concerns, issue resolution, emergency situations, etc. Ensuring workplace welfare including adherence to statutory requirements.
- Ensuring fun at work and team building activities are a consistent part of the culture. Instilling energy and enthusiasm in the workplace through ownership with the people.
- Continuously assessing the employee pulse and cultural climate, proactively identifying issues and working with various stakeholders for resolution.
- Participating in the design and owning the deployment of HR deliverables and employee initiatives focused on people satisfaction and engagement.
- Managing the performance review process, driving feedback culture, quality of appraisals and timely closure. Identifying and implementing improvements where necessary.
- Facilitating the organisation’s career management framework through coordination with various resource management teams, HR and the employees.
- Driving learning initiatives through support of needs analysis, program design, training coordination and effectiveness assessment.
- Deploying and providing inputs for compensation and benefit policies and processes.
- Facilitating HRMIS and reporting requirements through data collation and validation.
- Supporting recruitment needs and leadership development programs as required.
Skills and Experience:
- 5-8 yrs of experience in the HRBP role
- Experienced in HR policy and practice deployment and adherence.
- Ability to multi-task and drive items to closure through well honed planning & organizing.
- Excellent communication skills particularly in the areas of presentation, articulation, active listening and written content.
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain relationships with people at various levels, with sound influencing capability. High levels of interpersonal effectiveness and maturity.
- Natural ability to operate with integrity and confidentiality.
- Experienced in counseling and problem solving.
- Proven ability to operate as part of a team as well as independently.
- Proactive in nature, going out of the way to learn and contribute.