New York, USA
We are a global software consultancy and a community of passionate, purpose-led individuals. We think disruptively to deliver technology to address our clients' toughest challenges, all while seeking to revolutionize the IT industry and create positive social change.\
Our Lead Technical Business Analyst is a subject matter expert on designing and building software as products (usually APIs and Delivery Infrastructure). You will be working with clients across a variety of sectors and making sure the business-critical software solutions we develop delivers real business value every time. You will need to know; modern technologies but also have a product mindset, ability to prioritize new features, define a product and what it is not, work with other teams to validate the service’s usefulness and drive adoption, manage delivery, manage stakeholders and manage the team’s NPS. A core function of this role is stakeholder management and prioritization.
As a Lead Technical Business Analyst how you can expect to add value:
- Analyze customer and business requirements to understand the underlying intent
- Translate high level requirements (epics) into detailed level requirements (stories) to enable development teams to understand scope. Prepare user stories to support iterative delivery of the product.
- Understand technical implications of features and how to break down into stories that adhere to the INVEST principles: Independent, Negotiable, Valuable, Estimable, Small, Testable
- Outline clear acceptance criteria, to clearly communicate the definition of “done”.
- Facilitate and lead workshops/discussions that;
- Generate ideas and content for solutions
- Unearth clients pain points
- Validate business opportunities
- Understand customer (developer) needs
- Drive the pace and quality of decisions on the software delivery team
- Model business value streams relevant to the product
- Review the product roadmap with key stakeholders
- Determine product priorities, including new features and defect fixes
- Own the software documentation ie API documentation
- Advocate and evangelize Agile, Lean, and Continuous Delivery and Analysis best practices
- Define key objectives and ‘to-be” state, identify success factors, and comprehend constraints, challenges, and risks
- Demonstrated experience working successfully with cross-functional teams to deliver software
- Strong facilitation, prioritization, and influencing skills
- SQL experience and familiar with modern technologies such as Azure or Google cloud
- Experience with modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
- Orchestrate collaboration by removing roadblocks and fostering communication
- Experience as a trusted and valued partner of the product owner to business stakeholders
- Experience prioritizing competing demands and obtaining buy-in from stakeholder(s)
- Demonstrated ability to manage and resolve conflict with stakeholder(s)
- Ability to articulate the “big picture” of the solution to delivery and client teams to understand cross functional inter-dependencies and impact
- Demonstrated ability to understand and explain issues from both a technical and a business functional point of view
- Openness to contradictory opinions and flexible in your thinking
- A willingness to jump into projects and situations and make sense of ambiguous details in multiple domains
A few important things to know:
Projects are almost exclusively on customer site, so candidates should be flexible and open to extensive travel.
Candidates must possess work authorization that does not require H-1B visa sponsorship by ThoughtWorks or dependent EAD.
Not quite ready to apply? Or maybe this isn’t the right role for you? That’s OK, you can stay in touch with AccessThoughtWorks, our learning community (click "contact me about recruitment opportunities" to hear about jobs in the future).
It is the policy of ThoughtWorks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and ThoughtWorks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran status, family status, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. ThoughtWorks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.