When you join ThoughtWorks you join a wonderful community of people who are passionate about learning and about sharing what they learn. We are a community that are passionate about doing great work for interesting clients, and bringing those clients on a journey of change. We are a community that is determined to use software to improve lives.
There is amazing talent at ThoughtWorks in Spain, and we’d like you to help us support it. ThoughtWorks is extraordinarily committed to our people and we want to hire someone who understands the impact that the People Operations function has on the growth of our organisation and contribute accordingly.
The HR Operations Manager, known as the People Operations Lead at ThoughtWorks, will be responsible for partnering with our Client Service Delivery teams on a day to day basis and working with other members of the People agile teams to put robust processes in place as we grow rapidly. You will ultimately ensure all ThoughtWorkers are correctly supported, challenged and recognised. How?
- Be the first level of support for all HR operations related questions
- Serve as a point of contact for all new employees on any queries they may have
- Ensure all employee information is up to date, maintained regularly, and compliantly stored (promotions, pay changes, etc)
- Administer local benefits and leave administration,
- Manage the vendor relationship with the payroll provider and ensure payroll reconciles to our HRIS and Finance systems.
- Maintain policies and guidelines to adhere to ThoughtWorks and local regulations
- Conduct new hire inductions and onboarding programs
- Build collaborative and trusted cross functional relationships with key internal service functions ( i.e. Finance, IT, Legal, Talent Acquisition to guide others in the consistent application of ThoughtWorks HR programs
- Help our People team thrive and contribute to the culture of the company
- The ideal addition to our team is service and task-oriented, motivated, and able to consistently maintain high service standards to support our employees.
And here’s what you’ll bring:
- You are passionate about HR and bring a customer-service mindset to how you approach working with others
- You have an ability to come up with innovative solutions and bring a process improvement mindset to the role.
- You hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources / Labor Relations on the Spanish legal framework or have an equivalent level of experience
- You have demonstrable 3 to 5 years of HR experience as first level support for employees (benefit, payroll, policy questions)
- You understand the importance of diversity & inclusivity
- You are able to handle employee relations with discretion, maintain the highest level of confidentiality and utilize appropriate tact and professionalism
- You are able to be an ambassador and advocate of our feedback culture.
- You have experience with HRIS or systems data entry experience (Workday preferred)
- Mac and G Suite experience preferred and strong Powerpoint or Google Slide skills and intermediate Excel skills preferred
- Excellent attention to detail, prioritization and organizational skills
- You can work successfully both independently and within a team
- You are bi-lingual. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and English
Here’s what the recruiting process will be about if your CV is considered a fit:
- 30 minutes conversation with the People team Lead
- A remote technical interview with our People team on L&D and D&I topics
- An Office Interview Day where you will present a case study based on a conflict resolution exercise, will be part of our Culture Conversation, will have an interview with Operations about workload management and prioritization and a final conversation with our MDs.
If you are interested in being part of an organisation that will challenge and stretch you and let you be your whole self, then we should talk.