Xi'An Beijing , China
ThoughtWorks is not your average company, so don’t expect to find average people working here.
We are company that is synonymous with innovation in the delivery of complex software. We are company that is passionate about collaboration. We are company that helps our clients to reduce the risk of their projects failing.
We've been at the forefront of innovation around Agile methods for a long time now. Whether it's finding ways to elicit user requirements, introducing story walls, making distributed Agile a reality or introducing the concept of self-managed teams to our clients, we find ways to help technology deliver real business value. Add to this our recognition as innovators in the technical world, and you'll start to see why working here is refreshingly different.
We hire only the most passionate, talented people. This passion may manifest itself in a number of ways. You might want to find new ways to deliver business value to your clients. You might want to find new ways to facilitate user-sessions. You might be a vocal-blogger. You might be passionate about getting the best out of your teams. You might just want to find out what working with like-minded people feels like, and see if that ignites your passion for IT again.
If you would like to...
In this position you will be responsible for understanding and communicating client requirements for successful project delivery. Your responsibilities will also include but not be limited to:
- Interview client users & managers to understand and create functional requirements
- Document, define and review detailed business and functional requirements
- Work closely with developers and architects to build custom J2EE and .NET applications
- Conduct user focus sessions with key client team members
- Be involved with all phases of development (analysis, design, coding, testing, deployment)
- Coaching and mentoring team members
- Travel to work at client sites
We're looking for Business Analysts with broad experience of custom software development. An interest in the latest methodologies goes a long way here and we're looking for people who are passionate about the world of software delivery. You'll get to work alongside truly talented teams and help them enhance their performance by promoting really open communication.
And you have...
- Experience in systems analysis on development of new and replacement application projects
- Experience in gathering and developing detailed functional requirements for OO, multi-tier applications
- Experience in designing and facilitating user focus sessions
- Experience in leading process improvement efforts is very valuable
- Experience with iterative development methodologies, preferable Agile Methodologies
- Knowledge of a testing methodology and/or experience in testing (System, Unit, Integration, Interface)
- Understanding of data modeling, object modeling, and OO design principles
- Strong understanding of capabilities and limitations of programming languages, middleware solutions, application servers and presentation layer tools is a plus, but not required
- Exceptional listening, written and verbal communication skills
If you are interested in taking on an opportunity that offers variety, innovation, and unique challenge every day, then we should talk.
We want to hear from you!