Do you want to be an important part of a dynamic in-house legal department in a rapidly growing global company? Do you want to work in a supportive environment that values people over process? ThoughtWorks is looking to recruit someone who is enthusiastic and self-motivated for our legal department in our Chicago office.
As Legal Support Specialist (In-house), here's what you can do at ThoughtWorks:
- Assisting with drafting legal documents and contracts (i.e. NDAs & service contracts);
- Reviewing legal documents accurately and efficiently;
- Maintaining accuracy of data in various databases and spreadsheets;
- Tracking status of workload;
- Corresponding with employees, and other functions within the company;
- Working with the legal and immigration teams, you will investigate, create and update processes and tools to enable accurate tracking, timely notification, and effective communication of business critical information.
- Supporting the Immigration/Legal department in multiple administrative functions including filing, copying, and preparation of correspondences;
- Assisting with special projects, as necessary.
Here’s what we are looking for in the In-house Legal Support role:
- Excellent reading and writing skills (English, other languages a plus);
- Strong written and oral comprehension skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Manage complex assignments;
- Technically minded, ability to identify problems and propose solutions
- Follow directions, and established processes;
- Have a strong customer-service mindset;
- Ability to navigate multiple stakeholders
- Proactive assistance / support skills;
- Handle confidential matters;
- Adapt to changing policies and procedures;
- Track workload, and maintain accurate records;
- Excellent organizational and record management skills;
- Prioritize and work well under pressure;
- Work independently and make sound decisions;
- Working knowledge of the advanced functions of MS Word, MS Excel and G Suite products including Google Sheets (proficient database skills a plus);
- Proficient email software skills (Enterprise Gmail a plus);
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience strongly preferred.
Along with your resume, please submit a cover letter that clearly tells us (1) a little about yourself (beyond what’s on your resume); (2) why you are interested in this position; and (3) why you’re interested in working at ThoughtWorks.
It is the policy of ThoughtWorks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and ThoughtWorks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran status, family status, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. ThoughtWorks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.