Marketing Automation - Global Campaigns - Bangalore Whitefield
ThoughtWorks partners with enterprises to create capabilities around digital innovation and transformation. As a global software consultancy, we’ve helped our clients bring new products to market with speed and enable business transformation through our lean techniques, agile practices, and domain expertise in business and technology.
As a part of the Global Marketing Automation team, you will be responsible for modeling our advanced campaigns, lead flows, subscriptions, and other marketing automation assets in a way that optimises transparency and results for campaign owners. Through a deep understanding of our business, you will help develop and propagate new processes that can be adopted by marketing teams globally, and which enable consistency for reporting and campaign insights.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing Marketo and integration of the Marketo platform and add ons with Salesforce.com. The candidate will have a solid understanding of marketing automation with experience in executing tactical efforts in demand and lead generation activities including lead nurturing/scoring and tracking ongoing metrics to measure performance. The candidate will be a strategic thinker who can bring together many business inputs to model systems and drive processes that scale, enabling a team of more than 50 marketers across the world.
Additionally, excellent verbal communication skills and the ability and passion to learn other marketing technology platforms required.
The candidate will report directly to the Global Marketing Automation Lead, and be a member of the global digital marketing team. The candidate will also work closely with the regional and global Heads of Marketing, as well as our Demand and Recruitment marketing partners around the world to ensure our marketing automation ecosystem and processes are optimised to support our marketing initiatives.
- Develop, maintain, and monitor the Marketo platform and oversee integrations with up/downstream systems
- Consult with marketing leaders and devise and implement strategies to achieve business objectives through marketing automation
- Advise on and develop advanced campaigns and lead flows that combine both regional and global initiatives, adopting best practices for responsible subscription management and segmentation
- Partner with campaign owners on planning and implementing multi-channel digital campaigns
- Work with marketing, sales, systems, and recruiting to co-create processes to monitor and manage lead progression through the funnel. Help define and build a clear lead management process between marketing and sales/recruiting, including lead qualification and handover.
- Develop repeatable business processes to enable marketing to self-serve in program execution.
- Provision platform assets for use in campaigns (emails, landing pages, forms, segments, etc
- Ensure campaign setup and processes are in line with overall platform architecture and lead flow/scoring programs
- Serve as technical support for marketing automation and campaign issues
- Maintain awareness of Marketo release and patch schedules, align them with internal release schedules, and provide guidance on utilization of new campaign features where applicable
- Create documentation outlining campaign setup and procedures for other platform team members and/or how-to guides for additional configuration of campaigns and programs.
- Oversee the on-boarding process for new Marketo users within the company.
- Coordinate with content creation and design resources to ensure Marketo assets are designed in line with best practices and compatibility across our platforms.
- Perform platform maintenance and related administrative tasks.
- Document and follow extensive QA and test processes for all development and integration work.
- Manage form processing and website integrations
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years experience as a Marketo administrator - certification preferred but not required
- Experience with designing, developing and maintaining Marketo integration with a CRM (Salesforce.com preferable)
- Understanding of Marketo data model including use of custom data objects and data integration with external systems
- Functional knowledge of digital demand generation, recruitment marketing, marketing analytics, and email marketing as it relates to marketing automation
- Advanced knowledge of 3rd party applications that integrate with Marketo
- Ability to work in fast pace and high-growth environment with tight deadlines and shifting priorities, and be willing to “roll-up your sleeves” to drive organizational change
- Proficient in Salesforce and Marketo program execution, including campaign analytics
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional global teams, manage multiple priorities and deadlines, be detail-oriented, and work independently as well as in groups
- Strong analytical, reporting, written and oral communication skills. Ability to define opportunities and challenges, collect and analyze data, establish facts, and make valid conclusions
- Understanding of digital tools including website, social, and marketing automation
- Interested in technology and stays current with recent trends and best practices
- Self-directed and ready to learn