ThoughtWorks is a global IT consultancy that delivers disruptive thinking to clients with big ambitions. Our people are the driving force behind everything we do and one of our key themes is for our staff to continually learn, grow and thrive. High performing teams are a given at ThoughtWorks, and Finance is no exception, acting as a partner to the business providing high quality financial information for decision making,
- You are an ambitious accounting professional who is looking to grow your career in a dynamic, challenging environment where you are the only limitation on what you can achieve.
- You will by a CA or CPA with proven experience partnering with business stakeholders to drive performance
- You are an excellent communicator with strong analytical skills and attention to detail. You are used to working with large volumes of data to identify areas of improvement and present solutions
- You enjoy dealing with people and solving problems. You also have a strong work ethic and desire to help drive efficiencies and improvements in reporting and analysis
- You are able to produce high quality financial models and Ideally will have worked with PeopleSoft Financials
Overview of role
Based in our Sydney office and part of the small commercial onshore Finance team you will partner with key stakeholders to provide analytical support and commercial insights to drive sustainable profitable growth.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Business sector and customer profitability review and analysis
- Variance analysis including preparation of revenue pipeline and gap reporting
- Customer scorecard reporting
- Assisting in the commercial review and preparation of client proposals and RFP’s
- Business case and project modelling and analysis
- Interpreting large volumes of complex customer and pricing data to enable more informed decisions
- Preparation of financial information to ensure the business operates a balanced portfolio of offerings and clients
- Control and management of project run rates and capped budget restrictions
- Communicating financial and performance information throughout the business and driving enhanced financial awareness.
- Add hoc reporting and analysis from the business as required including involvement in planning and forecasting.
About our culture
We are a community that nurtures and celebrates talent, irrespective of gender, background and any bias. Diversity is in our DNA and is a core part of our culture. The decisions we make as a business revolve around inclusivity and equality. We are honoured to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality and are proud to say that 48% of ThoughtWorks Australia identify as women, in an industry where the norm is much lower. Respect, continuous feedback and a non-hierarchical structure are all an important part of our culture. As ThoughtWorkers, we have equal opportunities to grow, share our ideas and even re-invent ourselves.