Just about every major financial services company relies on SunGard, with a bulk of all Nasdaq trades passing through its support systems. Ranked 380 on the Fortune 500 list, it is the US's largest privately-held business software and IT services company. Mingle empowered the geographically distributed team to actualize high returns, for their very first Agile project delivery.
“We could put our team spanning 5 locations and 3 time zones on the same page with Mingle's Story Wall, customize Mingle to our needs, report at the level we chose, and get our clients on board in minutes.”
- Replacing two mission-critical, investment management and trading applications, managing more than $3.5 trillion worth of investments.
- Development of the legacy applications was 7+ years. Development team had to replace and enhance the functionality in 14 months.
- Project requirements were set only at a high level, constant shifts in business priorities.
- Requirement changes were a linear process involving three teams, multiple loops and possible communication gaps.
- Team members were new to Agile, the project was both fixed-price and fixed-time.
- Customer was familiar with the Waterfall methodology and skeptical of Agile delivery.
- Teams were geographically separated across five locations spanning three time zones.
How did Mingle help?
- Mingle required little training — the techies, business stakeholders and even the end-user all adapted quickly.
- Mingle simplified the cumbersome chore of project reporting and process governance.
- Customers themselves would make changes to requirements on the fly.
- Provided a framework to implement Agile best practices, while still flexibly adapting to workflows.
Results speak louder than words:
- Project saved over 300 hours of analysis during requirements gathering sessions
- Yielded ROI of 4x.
- Productivity increase of 15% in the first year.
- Successfully delivered on their very first Agile project with a distributed team.