As a Principal Developer, you will provide strategic and tactical leadership on accounts, establishing and maintaining trusted advisor status through high-impact client interaction. By empowering Thoughtworker engagement through cultivating high-performing teams, you will continuously deliver undeniable value to our clients, contributing to the growth and scale of our evolving business. Ultimately, the health of an account is a reflection of the capability and efficiency that you cultivate.
- You will act as a trusted advisor to your client by building key relationships and understanding the market and trends that could impact them
- You will assess client needs and develop the account strategy and proactive proposals needed to deliver value to our client
- Speak to the value of our delivery and how it maps to client vision, goals, and initiatives
- Continuously deliver undeniable value by ensuring the high performance of Thoughtworks teams on the account and proactively manage risk with the client
- Cultivate Thoughtworker growth and development by encouraging feedback and fostering an inclusive, supportive team culture
- Oversee contracts, SOWs, negotiations, and billing rates
- Maintain healthy levels of Client Gross Margin (CGM), Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) and travel leakage
- Ensure security, privacy, and legal compliance across the account
- You have a track record of managing the scope and shape of programs of work
- You have experience with account management, third party contractual agreements, client management & pre-sales, client reporting and up-selling
- You're comfortable chairing meetings, conducting reports, providing technical sales support and keeping budgets in check
- You have a natural ability to establish and nurture relationships with senior leaders across the organization
- You thrive in situations where you are given little to no direction and have the ability to lead, organize and deliver commitments on time and within budget
- You're resilient in ambiguous situations and can adapt your role in order to approach challenges from multiple perspectives. You don't shy away from risks, instead you take them on and skillfully manage them
- Empathy comes naturally to you and you use it to build solid working relationships and resolve issues quickly and thoughtfully
Other things to know
There is no one-size-fits-all career path at Thoughtworks: however you want to develop your career is entirely up to you. But we also balance autonomy with the strength of our cultivation culture. This means your career is supported by interactive tools, numerous development programs and teammates who want to help you grow. We see value in helping each other be our best and that extends to empowering our employees in their career journeys.
Commitment to Disability Inclusion
Thoughtworks are committed to being an inclusive & accessible workplace employer of choice for all including those living with disability.
What's on offer
Our goal is equip you with career defining experiences, to help you grow professionally and personally, and to foster a community where you feel you belong. We're committed to making Thoughtworks an employer of choice, and we offer a wide variety of benefits to support the team's advancement, their health and their wellbeing. If you're ready to find your home at Thoughtworks, click to apply now (even if you don't feel like you tick all the boxes)!
Date Posted: 06-02-2023
Industry: Information Technology
Employment Type: Regular
Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and engineering to drive digital innovation. For 2+ years, our clients have trusted our autonomous teams to build solutions that look past the obvious. Here, computer science grads come together with seasoned technologists, self-taught developers, midlife career changers and more to learn from and challenge each other. Career journeys flourish with the strength of our cultivation culture, which has won numerous awards around the world.
Join Thoughtworks and thrive. Together, our extra curiosity, innovation, passion and dedication overcomes ordinary.
Thanks for your interest in joining Thoughtworks. A member of our Recruiting team will review your application as soon as possible.
In the meantime, check out our Consultant Life page to learn more about the extraordinary impact Thoughtworkers make on clients, the tech industry and each other.
Please note that we value privacy: all information submitted to us via your online application will be kept confidential to Thoughtworks.