Join ThoughtWorks, renowned as one of the pioneers and leaders in the evolution and practice of Agile Software Development, as we present our Continuous Delivery workshop.
The workshop is aimed at all those who want to close the gap between Development (Applications/Software Engineering teams), Technology Operations (Release Managers), and Quality Assurance (Testing and QA Managers).
- The importance of fast feedback on the production readiness of your application throughout the delivery process, and how to get it
- How to improve collaboration between people involved in delivering software (developers, testers, and operations personnel)
- Principles and practices that enable continuous deployment, including data management
- How to automate testing and deployment
- How to evolve your application without using version control branches
- How to manage continuous delivery with large and distributed teams
- How to transform your organization's delivery process to enable continuous delivery
8:30am - 9:00am
| Registration and coffee 9:00am - 10:30am
- Some short case studies of typical delivery environments: ones in which releasing software takes a long time and is painful, and ones which continuously deliver new software. Root cause analysis of slow, risky releases
- How Things Ought To Be, using examples from several projects
- The value proposition of continuous delivery
- Questions & Answers
10:30am - 10:45am | Break
10:45am - 12:00pm
- A brief refresher on continuous integration, with particular reference to how to integrate it with the rest of the delivery process
- Why branching in version control is inimical to continuous delivery. Using incremental development, a superior alternative to version control branching which allows for application evolution. Example from Go
- Interactive exercise: take various architectures and team structures and discuss how to apply branch-by-abstraction to enable continuous delivery
12:00pm - 1:00pm | Lunch Break
12:00pm - 2:20pm
- Building deployment pipelines for component-based architectures, including dependency management
- Going live: how this differs from deployment. A/B testing and business metrics
- Data management and migration
2:20pm - 2:40pm | Break
2:40pm - 5:00pm
- Environment and Infrastructure management, including provisioning, management, and monitoring - part 2
- Managing continuous delivery Continuous improvement. How to implement a deployment pipeline through modeling the delivery process. How to evolve the pipeline, and your organization's delivery process.
Special speaker - China only!
Jez Humble: As a Principal at ThoughtWorks Studios, Jez focuses on helping organizations deliver valuable, high-quality software frequently and reliably through implementing effective engineering practices.
He is the co-author of the Jolt Award-winning Continuous Delivery, published in Martin Fowler’s Signature Series (AddisonWesley, 2010). Jez has worked with a variety of platforms and technologies, consulting fornon-profits, telecoms, financial services, and online retail companies.
Cost of attending
- Registration before 14th September: ￥4700;
- From 15th September - 14th October: ￥5300;
- After 15th October: ￥5800